Stereo 1/3-octave analysis now available in SignalScope Pro
With the release of version 2.2, the Octave tool in SignalScope Pro for iOS can now analyze two input channels simultaneously. This new capability is only available on devices running iOS 5 or later, and it requires a stereo or two-channel dock connector audio accessory.
The Octave tool offers whole and 1/3-octave real-time spectral analysis with A, C, or flat frequency weighting and fast, slow, or impulse time weighting. Time exponential averaged level (Lp) and equivalent level (Leq) measurements are both supported.
The Octave tool available via in-app purchase in SoundMeter 3.0 and SignalScope 3.2 also offers two-channel measurement capability on iOS 5 or later. SoundMeter 3.0, SignalScope 3.2 and SignalScope Pro 2.2 are all available for immediate download on the App Store.
Improvements in SignalScope 3.2 and SignalScope Pro 2.2 include:
- For users running iOS 5, or later, the Octave analyzer tool can now be operated as a stereo RTA, analyzing two input channels simultaneously (with compatible input hardware). (The Octave tool is available within SignalScope via in-app purchase.)
- Data can now be exported to CSV files from the FFT, Octave, and Oscope tools. CSV files can be opened directly in Numbers, or other spreadsheet apps that support it, from within SignalScope. Tab-delimited text files can still be created by giving the file name a .txt extension. (Data file export requires the data acquisition upgrade available within SignalScope via in-app purchase.)
- Corrects a potential crash when accessing the image picker on iPad.
- SignalScope uses less memory on iPhone and iPod touch.
- Twitter support has been restored (in iOS 5) for tweeting level meter data. (The Level Meter tool is available within SignalScope via in-app purchase.)